Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Using MediaFire in Education

I would use MediaFire for reporting.
Files and images can be shared from any computer. I can create an unlimited number of folders and sub folders to store, organise and share. I can share by email, instant messenger, or on a forum. It is a possibility, bu I would definitely not share a learner's file or images on a blog or forum, unless confidentiality is unnecessary. On that note, MediaFire does provide privacy tools allowing you to keep some files hidden as private and other files downloadable as public. You can set passwords for sensitive files. What comes to mind, here, is an IEP for learners with special needs. The parent and I can still have the convenience of MediaFire, but maintain privacy as well.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Catherine

    I'm glad you had a positive experience with MediaFire and see your comments have merit with regard to privacy.

    Regards

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. MediaFire does allow privacy options Catherine.

    ReplyDelete